Thursday, June 2, 2011

Using God's word to suit your own wants.....

There was a young boy about to turn 16. He went to his father (who was a minister) to asked for a car for his birthday.
     Dad, I was thinking how great it would be to have a car for my birthday, then you wouldn't have to drive me around all the time.
  Dad says; Let me see son. If you can bring your grades up, study the bible some more and get your hair cut, I will think about getting you a car.
  A few months go by and the boy returns to his dad; Well dad, I did like you told me to. I get better grades and I studied the Bible more but I didn't get my hair cut because the more I studied the Bible the more I realized that Jesus had long hair.

Dad says; Well son, if you studied the Bible like you say did, You would also notice Jesus walked everywhere he went also.


I like to think of this story because so often we use the bible to suit our own needs. Jesus said; I am the way, the truth and light. No man shall come to the father except by me. He did not mean for us to use him or God's word at our own
convenience

No comments:

Post a Comment