Thursday, April 14, 2011

My new way of thinking...................

How many times have we gone shopping only to get to the check out and be shocked by the total cost?
I say something is only $30.00 and buy it. (Doesn't sound like much does it?) Do that a few times and you spent so much more then you intended.  How about if we say this is 2 hours of work? To me, paying 2 hours of work for something I don't need makes me think twice about buying it.

Old scenario;
I would love so much to have that new bedding set for $60.00. I know I have lots of good blankets at home but, this one is so pretty. I buy it !!!!!!!!!
($60.00 wasted)

New scenario; 
I would love to have that new bedding set for 4 hours of work.  Hmmm, I don't like it that much to work 4 full hours for it and I have plenty of perfectly good blankets at home. The bedding set stays in the store for the next person.
($60.00 saved)

If I look around my home and think of things as "hours worked" rather then the price I paid, I can find a lot of things that would not be here.

I feel so good when I make something I need rather then buying it already made. Such as; Laundry gel and softener. I bought a years worth of supplies to make my own for $20.00 including the softener.

I wonder how many things you would buy if you thought about it as "hours worked"?  The next time you go shopping, challenge yourself to see if you still buy things for "hours worked" rather then a price tag.
Let us know how many things you did not buy.

1 comment: