Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reusing old sheets and other used material

I love to reuse what I can. When our sheets are no longer used for our beds or if they go on clearance, This is what becomes of them.



Child's flannel nightgown;
I found flannel sheet sets on clearance at my local walmart. I bought twin, full and king sizes (the queen I kept for my bed) for $7.00 each.
I made my granddaughter this nighty with the twin set and she just loves it. I have tons of fabric left over so I paid about $3.00 for her nighty. I can not find these in the stores, online they are about $40.00 to $50.00 each. What a bargain !!!





Rag rugs;

Made out of old sheets that are no longer used on our beds. They may not be good for the bed but are wonderful for the floors and those dirty little feet prints.

Simply cut your cloth in 1/4 or 1/2 inch strips, cut a small slit in each end and slip knot them together (you can also sew the ends together). You can braid them or crochet them. Either way they look nice.

They are machine washable and have lasted me about 3 years so far.

Happy recycling !!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have a rag rug that I sat on when I first hurt my back. It made a great cushion, too! Rag rugs are great for camp...thick and warm.

    Have you made rag vases?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that flannel gown! And those rag rugs are so pretty. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Inept Blogger, No, I have never heard of the rag vases. May have to look into it.
    Back to basic living, Thank you

    ReplyDelete