Monday, April 4, 2011

A little more about me

We were living in a lovely, good size 8 room single family home. My husband and I moved to a small unappealing 4 room apartment for a couple reasons. First reason, we manage 2 building for the owner and therefore get a huge discount on the rent and second, We want to change our lifestyle to be more frugal and self reliant. We would like to learn to live in small spaces, Purchase less electrical gadgets and learn to make do with what we have. We are using our time and savings to purchase items that could be used "off grid". Learning to make our necessities rather then run to the store for every (what we think) is a needed item.
I have learned that I can clean my home with very few cleaning items. I now know what food supplies are best to stock up on. Gas prices are rising more and more every day. I love that we no longer have to run to the store for a loaf of bread. I can make my own and know what's in it. 
    I will be blogging about my new challenges, both successes and failures. Along with the challenges that I have overcome along the way. I look forward to any and all ideas any of you may have. Your input is very important to me so please comment!!!!!!!

1 comment: